Cook Off Rules
On November 12th 2017, ‘The Vegan CookOff’ will be hosting the first of its kind vegan chef head-to-head competition in Atlanta, GA. The event will consist of a select number of chefs competing in three heats to present their best vegan appetizer, entrée and dessert dishes.
This will be a night of prestige.
What is included?
- 2 Hour Open Bar from 7-9pm
- Unlimited Vegan Buffet "All You Can Eat"
- Live Entertainment
- Raffles & Giveaways & Silent Auction
- Competition Show & Educational Segment from Holistic Doctors
- Turn Up with us at The After Party
Guests will purchase tickets ranging from $99 ("early bird" gallery) - $249 (VIP)
Interested in competing?
All competitors must agree to follow the below cook-off rules and pre-register using our registration form.
All ingredients must be VEGAN: no eggs, dairy (butter, milk, etc.), soy, whey, yeast, gelatin, meat, confectioner's glaze, food dyes derived from animal products, processed/refined sugars etc. No exceptions.
If you have a question about an ingredient, email us.
Time is limited, so pre-prepping beforehand is permitted.
Contestants will be judged on nutrition, taste, and creativity.
Heat 1: (Entree) Chefs will go head-to-head before an audience, and be given 20 minutes to prepare & serve their vegan entree for the panel of judges (minimum of 8 entree "portions"). Chefs are required to prepare the entree live, but are permitted to have pre-prepared samples to plate for the judges to taste. Chefs will explain their dish to the judges and audience while preparing it.
Heat 2: (Dessert) Chefs will go head-to-head before an audience, and be given 20 minutes to prepare & serve their vegan dessert for the panel of judges (minimum of 8 dessert "portions"). Chefs will explain their dish to the judges and audience while preparing it.
Heat 3: (People's Choice) Insured Chefs will utilize the kitchen and be given 20 minutes to prepare their pre-prepped vegan hors d'oeuvres for the panel of VIP guest (minimum of 70 hors d'oeuvres). The hors d'oeuvres will be placed on a tray and placed atop a serving table in the VIP section for the VIP guest to sample and vote on.
Each chef will provide a printed list of ingredients (Recipe) and picture of their dish which will be placed in front of their sample tray on the serving table.
Event Set-up time is between 3:30pm - 5pm. We recommend arriving no later than 4:30pm so you're not rushing and can meet and bond with your fellow competitors.
Due to the amount of food requested and time restrictions, it is ok to have food for heats 2&3 pre-prepped.
The doors open at 6pm, and hors d'oeuvres for heat 3 (People's Choice) should be ready to serve no later than 7:20pm. Only insured chefs can compete in this heat, and Preparations will be in the kitchen, and carried out by tray to be served in the VIP section (buffet style) VIP guests will have the duration of the show to taste and vote for the Chef with the best hors d'oeuvres.
7:30PM, The Main Event (cook off) will begin and chefs will compete in pairs, in 20 minute intervals. The main event will be live in front of an audience, and chefs will utilize a 3x4ft prepping station and a portable stovetop if needed to prepare their dish (Cooked food or Raw Vegan, the choice is yours). While 2 chefs compete head-to-head in Heat 1, the other chefs will use this time in the kitchen to start prepping their tray for dessert. All pre-prepped desserts for Heat 2 should be ready to serve immediately after the first Heat. By 9:30pm all judges/VIP guest will have sampled and voted on each chefs dish, and the winners of both competitions will be announced shortly after.
The judges will deliberate for Heat 1 & 2; best entree and dessert. And the winner will be crowned "Grand Vegan Chef", and receive the grand prize $$$$
The VIP guest will vote for Heat 3; best hors d'oeuvres. The contestant with the highest score will receive the "People's Choice" award $$
Both chefs will be afforded a chance to compete in the grand finale that will be held at a later date.
1. “Main Event” Entree/Dessert (Heat 1 & 2)
- chefs entree will be prepared live before judges and audience. Any “ingredient” that requires ample time should be pre-prepped (i.e.: baking, boiling)
- entree should be prepared live before judges. However, pre-prepared samples of entree can be served for judging. (Minimum of 8 samples)
-chefs will compete in pairs ( head-to-head )
-chefs will be allotted 20min to prepare, plate and discuss their meal for the judges.
- chefs can cook or choose to make a raw Vegan entree
- chefs will be provided 4x3ft station to prepare dish
-chefs must provide necessary equipment to complete dish (ex. Portable stove top, cookware)
- no dairy, no soy (tofu or seitan), no eggs, no animal derived food colors or flavors, no refined sugars or artificial sweeteners.
2. “People’s choice” (Heat 3)
- chefs must have “serv safe” and “insurance” to compete
- chefs will serve pre-prepared appetizers (hors d’oeuvres) for VIP guest
- chefs will place samples on tray which will be placed on a table in the VIP section
-no dairy, no soy (tofu or seitan), no eggs, no animal derived food colors or flavors, no refined sugars or artificial sweeteners
- chefs must provide necessary equipment to keep food warm on table in VIP section (ex. Chafing dish, slow cooker)
- Chefs will provide recipe for appetizer, placed next to dish on table in VIP section